Thursday, October 2, 2008

Auto Lavado

To the muchachos at the auto lavado at the bottom of Sterling Dickinson in San Miguel de Allende: I bless the ground you walk on and you are my real life heroes. You washed my minivan inside and out for a mere $8 USD. You bring me joy every time I get in my van. Because of the absence of mold on my carpet, because it doesn´t smell like trash. Just Monday my minivan smelled like garbage, my husband´s Land Rover is "too nice" to take the garbage to town in. Well you are too nice now, you beautiful clean machine, though you are a lowly Honda Oddessey.

The best treat of all, finding that the carseat, which endured Isabel´s toddler/preschool years and now Roarke´s, had been power washed and vaccumed to it´s pre-anyone-sitting-in-me nastiness. You deserve better clientele than me and a better tip than I gave you, even though you were grateful. Life is about living in mutual appreciation, gratefulness for one another, and though my car being clean is mundane to the extreme, that is when life experience happens, in the mundane little details of the day. If we are too busy to stop and take notice then appreiate those millions of little things in the day we lose the human-ness, the humane-ness in our lives. So thank you for clean windows, no mold and a not disgusting car seat you are gracious men of service and valor to tackle my neglected property.

No comments: