Friday, October 3, 2008

My eyes popped out of my head!

Yes, I really had to push my eyeballs back in my head last night when I watched the debates. Did Palin really say she was eager to see what the Congress and Senate would let her powers be? Yes, she really did, I see her lips moving and heard her clearly and I said "whaaattt?" As in expansion of VP powers? Sorry, still second in command, rooted firmly (well, not after Cheney) in the executive branch. Then Glenn asked "Do you mean to say you believe the VP is a member of the legislative and not executive branch?" Thanks for asking the question I was wondering, Gwen.

However, I was too busy popping my eyeballs back in my head to listen to Palin´s response, which I am going to do today. I have to give Palin props, she is charming and "super-friendly" but I´m really not buying it. And I didn´t count how many times Biden said "Obama...change...my friend John...is wrong..." but I got the mantra after about 15 minutes, okay? Give me some substance candidates and stop wasting my time!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Yes, I don't know why she said that. Maybe she was trying to sound executive? Unafraid of jumping in and taking on the mantle of power? But even if that was her goal, it was a stupid way to express it. Her biggest mistake in the debate, I think.

I agree about the lack of substance! They all just repeat their spiels from the campaign trail, and no one is honest enough on anything to get anywhere in an argument. There's too much fudging and spinning to change anyone's minds - everyone always just thinks their candidate won.