Friday, September 26, 2008

To my new friends Pedge and Kate

There is a new family at Los Charcos and I was talking with another amazing mother, Kate, the other day. We talked while waiting for the bus, she asked me about myself, I told a little, I asked for her story, it was a great conversation. The next day Kate came up to me and said "I´m so sorry I asked about you and then started talking about myself." Surprised, that is how I felt, that she wanted to listen to my story and felt like she hadn´t paid enough attention, when really she had. Go to Pedge´s post in which she noticed that we need lessons "in the civilized art of listening". My heart is light because I have found the quality of friend that recognizes when to listen and if she feels she hasn´t done her job as a person, she makes amends for it. Thank you Pedge for todays insight into human relations (I said that in my most official voice you know).

No comments: