Saturday, September 13, 2008

Musical Interlude

As a change of events I asked my children what their favorite songs were. Here are their picks, Isabel insisted that she loved two songs so she gets 2 posts. Though I can´t account for musical criticism at their young ages, I can attest to their impeccable choice of musicians but there could have been a little more love for Radiohead shown.


ISABEL
Liam Finn- Second Chance (she calls this song "sow the seeds to life")



and Mirah- Apples in the trees




SEBASTIAN

U2 and Green Day- The Saints Are Coming




ROARKE

Sufjan Stevens- Chicago (he calls it "All Things Grow")



MAMA

Tracy Chapman-Change

Just so you know I choose this because change is my mantra for the year, I hope no political party uses this as their theme song, though I can certainly understand why one would. I have no television access here, just internet, I don´t watch the adds going on in the states, just read them. I usually watch Frontline, Bill Moyers Journal, NOW, and Bloomberg financial television. Anyway, if this song is on television, I want you all to know this is not an endorsement for anything politcal or commercial, I´m searching the wilderness within with Tracy. Unfortunately the last portion of the song is cut off.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, wow, wow.

first of all, i wish that half of my friends here knew mirah. looove her.

also, you can tell roarke that i listen to "all things glow" all the time when i'm riding the train to and from work. it puts a smile on my face. it'll be comforting to know that my little cousin is out there in the world perhaps listening to the same song with a smile on his face as well. :)

Elizabeth said...

oh jaime, it´s because of you we know mirah and isabel loves her! and 9 times out of ten it´s sufjan on the way to school in the morning. we are commuting with you through song and spirit. we are all really family!