Thursday, September 25, 2008

And today´s Inspirational message is...

Okay, big short blog day, my mind is always awhirl with ideas! My inspiration this moment comes from The White Stripes and Little Acorns. If you don´t know their music, this is a fantastic song, unfortunately there is no good video for this song. So, here is how the song begins in an announcers voice, think Jim from "What Do You Know" on NPR)

When problems overwhelm us and sadness smothers us where do we find the will and the courage to continue? Well the answer may come in the caring voice of a friend,a chance encounter with a book, or from a personal faith.
For Janet help came from her faith, but it also from a squirrel. Shortly after her divorce, Janet lost her father, then she lost her job.
She had mounting money problems. But Janet not only survived she worked her way out of despondency and now she says, life is good again. How could this happen? She told me that late one day when she was at her lowest she watched a squirrel storing up nuts for the winter, one at a time he would take them to the nest. And she thought, if that squirrel
can take care of himself with the harsh winter coming along, then so can I. Once I ripped my problems into small pieces I was able to carry them,just like those acorns, one at a time.


And so I am ripping my problems into small pieces because "a burden in the hand is lighter than in the heart" I am gonna be the squirrel , thank you to the White Stripes!

And one more video tribute for Sebastian from the White Stripes also. This is to you my funny almost 8 year old, I love rocking out while you play air guitar and I bang the drums. In my world we are a family of rockstars and I dig that you LOVE groove-a** music. Thank goodness it´s not the millions of crappy "musicians" inhabiting this planet, and yes I did just pass judgement (I draw the line at good music!) And yes, again, the name of the song is "Seven Nation Army". I would like to think this is a critique of the "eye for an eye" which is so ever present in my life, when we open our minds to change we begin to gather tools. I´m gathering tools to help my children think outside of the box, sometimes that comes in the form of rock and roll, I´ll take it where I can get it. And now, prepare to ROCK!!!

2 comments:

BettyDuffy said...

It seems we are once again thinking about the same things, but fromt totally different perspectives. I'd just finished posting a "music" post of my own, and clicked over to your inspirational message to find, as usual that I need to do some rethinking. Thank you for being fresh, and you.

BettyDuffy said...

Actually, it's probably just time for me to graduate from The Smiths in my secular music tastes.