Friday, September 5, 2008

New Thoughts On Supply and Demand

So, I just got off the phone with a friend, she tells me gas is $4 something a gallon in Indianapolis. HUH? The price of oil has gone down drastically, how is this possible? Consumption of the product is down, what in the world is going on, this is not following economic models, by golly! Well, I did say in a "perfect market" in my previous post. We are living in a flawed market, which means our wallets are still empty. Collectively we are saying, as we avoid the gas pump, "this is crazy!" and the consumer is being totally ignored. I´m still proud of the decrease in consumption and still raging at the oil industries, they have us by the short hairs people! However, maybe this is all a ploy to initiate folks into green energy, okay, I´m all settled down now. Still, the oil companies are wrong. In our protest of gas prices, let´s take this opportunity to cut down our dependence on oil, and I say this as a 2 car family (not small cars either). With that it appears that this weekends project for the kids will be...drumroll...build our family a solar powered car (after all we´re in Mexico, plenty of sunlight!). They should be done by the year 2020.

No comments: