Friday, June 13, 2008

How green is our valley


Overwhelmed with all the crises going on in the world right now (sub-prime, rising oil, war in Iraq, U.S. elections, blah, blah, blah...), I forget to look outside of myself a lot of the time. Yesterday after three days of heavy rain, I walked to the top of our property and looked out on this luscious green valley. While I didn't experience instant peace in the world, I did experience a moment of it's okay to let go. So I let go of all those nagging images of disaster in my brain. I saw Sierra de Guanajuato in the distance, clearly, after months of looking through the hazy dust to only see a vague outline. There were shades of green that I never knew could exist in Mexico, I became overwhelmed with the beauty of this place we call home. And my heart slowed to the beat of contentment.